Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poison Hearts Will Never Change

Today I realized I'm getting over you.
I no longer feel that if you were to call me and say you wanted me back I would take you back in a heartbeat like I used to think.
I'm no longer having dreams about being with you and waking up crying. Now I dream that you show up and scare the living hell out of me, and I wake up sweating, but at least I don't feel empty.
I'm scared as hell to see you if you come to my gig this weekend, but I kind of want you to be there too. I feel my heart walking away from you finally, and I sort of don't care if I never see you again, which I now see is the most painful realization I can face. I lied when I said I'd love you forever.

Digging up albums from my childhood can be oh so comforting.


Strangely enough, I hated this song as a kid, but now I can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment